Life Insurance Sales Opportunities - Agents Wanted
We are looking for life insurance agent with an entrepreneurial spirit who think outside the box when needed to work for our Flushing and Brooklyn office.
What we offer
High commission payout; high bonus payout available for top producers; high residual income; and base pay for managers.
Time tested training and licensing process all company paid.
Promotional brochures, marketing materials, applications at no cost to you
A personal team leader to help you through the entire sales process.
Access to product from all carriers.
Prospect and pitch leads through a soft sell approach while building and maintaining relationships;
Educate potential customer about the benefits our service offers;
Build quality sales relationships with both new clients and existing clients;
Build and maintaining relationships with affiliate partners;
Create and maintain marketing programs to increase sales.;
Create and maintain sales team and enroll in management training program.
Bilingual skill a plus;
1-7 years experience in sales and markeing required;
Ability to work independently without constant supervision;
Good Communication Skills;
Previous cold-calling/face-to-face sales experience a PLUS;
Previous experience in the insurance/financial service industry a PLUS;
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Description: Agent
Join us: If you're looking for a career where you can grow your own business and make a difference in your community, then let’s talk. We're looking for motivated –self-starters who want to:
- Build their career with significant income potential.
- Grow their business supported by our long-standing history of financial strength and integrity.
- Make a difference in their community by helping others achieve peace of mind.
- Customize their career path to match their personal goals.
- Experience a lifetime of learning and professional development.
- Enjoy recognition and rewards for their achievements.
- Define their career path as an Agent and have the opportunity for management.
- Receive competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that includes: 401(k), and choice of health plans.
Here's what you'll do: As a National Life Group Agent, you'll be offering high quality life insurance, fixed annuities,* long-term care insurance and other products for insurance and retirement planning needs. You'll also:
- Develop and implement business and marketing plans
- Prospect for potential clients
- Discuss financial concerns and needs of individuals
- Present potential solutions using our world class suite of products and services
- Develop your professional skills and knowledge
Job Description: Experienced Agent
Join us: Whether you specialize in advanced markets, worksite marketing, or protecting families and individuals in your community, we can support your success with our long-standing history of financial strength and integrity.
Leading the prestigious Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)1 in membership for more than 58 consecutive years, you'll be joining one of the most professional field forces in the industry. Here are the qualities that make us stand out from the competition:
- Support and ongoing training from the management team: Our Managers are dedicated to making you as successful as possible
- Unmatched marketing and technology support
- A world-class service organization
- Significant income potential
- A quality retirement plan
- Competitive benefits package
Job Description: Sales Manager
A careet in managementPursuing a management career enables people to multiply their ability to make a difference in people's lives. Unless you have extensive management experience with another insurance and financial company, all of our Managers begin their company career as Agents.
Our Agency/General Office Managers are the company's leaders in cities and towns across the country; men and women who play the key role in recruiting and developing Agents, and enhancing the company's reputation locally.
A management career may be for you if you:
- Enjoy building and leading a team of Agents, trainers, administrators and other Managers
- Find satisfaction in helping other people succeed
- Want to be recognized as a leader within your community
As one Manager said, "In this role I can measure my success by how many people I help succeed. I can do more of what I entered the insurance business to do-- solve more problems, help more people and touch more lives."
Here's what you'll do as a Manager:
- Learn effective recruiting sources and techniques
- Find and select high quality candidates to become National Life Group Agents
- Train new Agents in all aspects of life insurance and financial sales and service in the classroom, one-on-one sessions and in client meetings
- Provide coaching and guidance to new Agents on developing their business practice
- Work with other Managers on the team to help the office grow
Our equation for success is simple - the more you achieve, the more you’ll earn.
As a National Life Group Agent, your income will come from multiple sources, both short-term and long-term, which reward you for your current and past sales. Additionally, your future financial security is determined by your sales skills and effort, as well as your ability to maximize sales while minimizing your expenses. In short, you determine your success.
An Industry-Leading Benefits Package
We’re pleased to offer a comprehensive package of benefits. The following is a brief overview of the total compensation package for our full-time National Life Group Career Agents.4 Our Managers will discuss it in more detail with you during the interview process.
As a Career Agent, you can elect to cover yourself and your dependents under a diversified portfolio of benefits, including:
- A choice of four medical options
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care Spending Account2
Our Group Plan for Agents has no preexisting health condition limitations. Agent contributions are required in order to receive any of the coverages described above. Coverage is offered immediately when you become a full-time National Life Group Career Agent, plus qualified National Life Group Career Agents that meet certain age and service requirements may be eligible for subsidized retiree health, when they retire.
NYLIC Retirement Plan*
The NYLIC Retirement Plan is a defined benefit pension plan which provides monthly retirement income to eligible vested Agents. In general, a participant's monthly retirement benefit from the NYLIC Retirement Plan depends on the pensionable earnings, the age and years of service of the participant at benefit commencement and the form of payment.
Newly-contracted Career Agents are eligible to enroll in the 401(k) savings plan for Agents, known as the Agents Progress-Sharing Investment Plan or "APSI". An Agent can make "before tax" voluntary contributions of earnings of up to 15% of first year and renewal commissions and service fees (up to Internal Revenue Code limits) deferring taxes to help minimize retirement savings. If you are deemed to be in the highly compensated category, the maximum "before tax" voluntary contribution is 7.3%. The APSI Plan also provides an annual discretionary Company contribution that is approved by the Company's Board of Directors. The Board of Directors determines whether to make an annual contribution and the basis on which contributions are made. Currently, Company contributions are based on a specified percentage of the Net Renewal Commissions, Net Renewal Premiums and Cash Values for each year on policies for which you are the original writing Agent. The APSI Plan provides a variety of investment options that can assist in building a retirement portfolio that reflects your financial goals. And you'll have 24-hour, Internet or toll-free telephone access to your 401(k) account to check on your progress or make changes.
1Certain classes of Career Agents may need to meet First Year Commission production requirements in order to be eligible under the Group Plan.
2Current class Career Agents are not eligible to participate in the Health Care Spending Account.3Subject to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) limits.
4The Company reserves the right to amend or terminate the Group Plan (including active and retiree coverages), the NYLIC Retirement Plan and the APSI Plan (and other benefit plans) at any time and for any reason. Please refer to the applicable summary plan descriptions and plan documents for complete information about these benefit plans.
Meet Agents and Managers
Meet some of our National Life Group Insurance Company Agents and Managers by clicking on the images above to begin watching their videos.
Our Field Force: A Team of Caring Community Leaders
Our Agents and Managers are important members of the communities in which they serve – working every day to make a difference in the lives of others.
Backed by the ongoing support, training and resources of a Fortune 100 company, our team of top-flight professionals not only enjoy a career with significant potential earnings, but also are inspired daily to share their knowledge and assist in strengthening the financial security of individuals, families and businesses with whom they live.
"We're motivated because the opportunity is enormous... We're going to enjoy continuous growth."
-Peter McAvinn, Managing Partner, Boston Office
Career Long Training
Career Long Training Brings Your Career to Life... and Keep it Growing
We’re serious about training: Our NYLIC University and comprehensive Agent and management training curriculum form the backbone of our Agency system.
NYLIC U courses span Agents' entire careers, from pre-contract training through practice succession planning. More than that, NYLIC U helps Agents brings their careers to life, helping them implement what they have learned on a daily basis with new prospects and clients.
There are six distinct career development stages that carry new Agents through their first three years.
New Agent Development (Years 1-3)
- Career Orientation - Training actually begins before an Agent signs his/her contract. Career Orientation offers an overview of the career and helps prospective Agents know what to expect from Day One
- Career Development - Introduces new Agents to the basics of the career
- Fundamental Career School - Provides the skills technical and administrative knowledge Agents need to succeed
- Basic Career School - Reinforces Fundamental Career School and expands Agents' knowledge
- Intermediate Career Course - Broadens Agents' knowledge of product and services
- Career Development Conference - A highly interactive five-day course, held at NYLIC University's campus in Dallas, TX
In addition, during their first three years, new Agents are encouraged to begin registered representative and Securities license training.
Experienced Agent Development
After their third year, Agents still have a wide variety of career development opportunities available through NYLIC University.
- Graduate Path to Market Excellence - six series of courses that touch the advanced planning areas/on a graduate level each culminating with a Leaders For Life Conference at the NYLIC U Dallas Campus
In addition to formal training, we encourage experienced and newer Agents to work together in mentoring relationships, either informally or through the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Mentoring Program. The company provides special incentives to Agents who take advantage of this opportunity. The MDRT is one of the most prestigious production-based national and international organizations in the insurance industry.
For those who feel they can contribute the most by helping others reach their potential, a career in field management may be ideal.
Through NYLIC University, we offer an extensive management curriculum, with comprehensive training and support that smoothes the transition from Agent to partner and provides career-long support. Each year over 200 Managers, participate in hands-on management training through NYLIC University.
The curriculum is designed to support the managing partner's efforts to develop successful, strong field Managers. The program includes classroom training and self-study courses, including:
- Management Orientation School - Designed to help managing partners and candidates evaluate their potential for success in a management career such as acquiring the skills they'll need including how to prospect, interview and begin to supervise new Agents
- Management Fundamental School - Focuses on the fundamentals of recruiting plans, selecting and appointing new Agents
- Management Intermediate School - Concentrates on the skills needed to develop Agents and maximize their performance
- Management Advanced Course - Prepares partners for promotion, refining the skills needed to assume greater responsibilities in the General Office
- Home Office School - Helps newly appointed managing partners and promotion geared senior partners focus their plans for their units and offices for the coming year
- Management Leadership Series - Helps managing partners and senior partners who have completed the Home Office School, learn from leading managing partners how to take their office or unit to the next level
- Reno Technology Training - Focuses on maximizing the company's illustration and client/prospect contact systems and other state-of-the-art technology.
The knowledge you have, the better you can serve your clients. We recognize this, and provide tuition reimbursement to our Career Agents upon completion of certain industry courses. Many of these courses can provide you with designations that are recognized and respected throughout the insurance industry.
Additionally, we’ll help train you on technology applications to help you work more efficiently in the field.
We encourages Agents to pursue professional designations and offer tuition reimbursement for courses that will help Agents attain the following designations:
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant®(ChFC®)
- Masters of Science in Financial Services® (MSFS®)
- Chartered Leadership Fellow® (CLF®)
- Master of Science in Management® (MSM®)